A lot of people don’t take essential oils seriously, they just think they’re something that smells good, like perfume. Here are 5 things you need to know before you put them on, especially #1.
1. How to Take off Essential Oils- Just because Essential Oils are natural doesn’t mean your going to like the smell of all of them. Sometimes they smell good at first and the as it fades or mixes with your natural oils, you don’t like it anymore. Or worse, it gives you a rash, makes you feel sick or heated.
Apply a carrier oil, preferably olive oil. Then wash off with soap and water. Only oil attracts oil which helps draw it off your skin.
2. Essential oils can affect medications you are taking.- If you are taking a medication, Essential Oils, like herbs can affect the the medicines affectiveness. Don’t use an essential oil that does the same thing as your medication without consulting your doctor.
3. Just because it smells good doesn’t mean it’s right for you.- Ayurveda says a body in balance craves things to keep it in balance and a body out of balance, craves things that keep it out of balance. So test an essential oil before you buy it, and see how you react to it as well as look up what the negatives and positives of the essential oil are.
4. Not all essentials are created equal.- Be aware of where your essential oils come from. Are they Organic, sustainably harvested, and fair trade? Are there only essential oils in that bottle? This is important because your skin is your largest digestive organ and what you put on it goes into your blood stream.
5. Some essential oils are on the Endangered and Vulnerable- list, yet are still being sold, a couple are: Sandalwood, Frankincense and Rose Wood.